Thursday 2 May 2013

Yippee Kayay - Dye: Hard!!!

I  went to an event last night and dressed quite glam for the occasion (for me) in a sparkly dress I got from a swishing party. That's a party where you take along clothes or accessories that are decent but no longer your thing, and swap them for something that is. I'm afraid I don't have pics... mind, I'm kind of ashamed of my hair! I have dyed it Raspberry Rebel ahead of my wedding, but my hair is rubbish at taking dye, and 2 boxes have left a lot of hair still brown. So another 2 boxes have been acquired... all in all my hair will have cost £15 to colour.

If you're wondering why I don't just go to the hairdressers, I must admit that they slightly scare me,  and not just because I have to put my hand in my pocket. I don't know why it is, but I turn into  a mouse and can't say what I want to them. I've only been a few times, and most visits have just been awful. In the past, hairdressers have insisted on giving me perms I didn't ask for, fringes I didn't ask for, stupid one inch layers, left perming solution on my hair so long that it burned my hair and all broke off, and several times, after I've gone in with my several years' growth of untouched hair, they've gone a bit scissor-crazy and just cut off far too much. I've also been massively underquoted as professionals have encountered my dye-resistant hair and had to charge me for additional boxes and time.

So, pics only when it looks decent.

Here's something that has worked: a friend has treated me to some false nails and helped me apply them:



Girly hands!

I must admit, things  are a bit trickier to do with nails like this, but they do look fab.

No comments:

Post a Comment